Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas from Vietnam! I had a wonderful Christmas. First, I ended my China/Vietnam tour. Since the tour was over, I changed hotels to stay in a nice, fancy hotel so I could have a bit of luxury on Christmas day. I believe only about 10% of the population in Vietnam is Christian so they don’t celebrate it much, but there were lots of cute trees placed all around town. I think this is my "official" Christmas card for 2011!



I was really sad to be away from my family for Christmas day, in fact I had been dreading it for weeks. It is my first ever Christmas away from them, and it’s definitely not the same. I was lucky enough to get to talk to them all in the afternoon though, which definitely made me smile! A few wonderful girls from my tour were staying in Hanoi for the day, so I spent my day with Cassie from the UK and Angela from Australia. We spent time wandering around shopping, definitely my idea of a perfect activity! We ate turkey sandwiches for lunch, in the spirit of the holiday. Then we went to the most amazing ice cream shop for desert. All in all, a lovely Christmas day. I hope you all had a Merry Christmas as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment