Thursday, September 29, 2011

Top 5 Things...

While I’ve been away I’ve had a lot of time to think. I think about lots of things – what I’m going to do in the future, the country that I’m currently in or experiences from my past. I also think a lot about things and people from back home. I thought I’d put together a list of some of the things I’ve been thinking about!

Top 5 foods I miss
2.    Buffalo wings from BW3, honey BBQ flavor
3.    Sushi
4.    Grilled cheese sandwiches
5.    Mom’s enchiladas, Mom’s spaghetti, Mom’s everything!


Top 5 things I miss from home
1.     My bed - too many nights on beds that are too hard/too soft/smelly!
2.    Talking to my friends and family – emails just aren’t the same
3.    Choosing a restaurant of any type of food I’m in the mood for
4.    Wearing heels and choosing clothes – I only have 10 days worth of clothes and 3 pairs of shoes and I am so tired of seeing them already! What I would give for a whole closet…
5.    Hugs – you just don’t get very many good hugs when you’re traveling

Top 5 things I DON’T miss from home
1.     Work!
2.    My phone
3.    Driving
4.    Paying bills
5.    TV

Top 5 things I’m sad that I will miss this year
1.     Gabe’s first day of school (see adorable picture below!)
2.    Christmas
3.    Seeing my Grandma
4.    Easter egg hunt
5.    Jameson’s birthday – who will help Jenn make the cake this year?


Top 5 moments of the trip so far
1.     Diving with Dena and Martina in Central America
2.    Sitting at the top of a mountain by myself after hiking up it, looking down at Petra and imagining being there 2500 years ago
3.    Chatting with Ana, Ceri and Diane in Eastern Europe – I haven’t laughed that hard in a long time!
4.    Jumping straight from my bed into the Adriatic Sea while cruising in Croatia
5.    Seeing Auschwitz – not a happy memory, but one that will remain with me forever

1.     Any food not covered in bees or flies

2 comments:

  1. HUGS!!! I wish I could hug you, too. And Jameson's cake may suck this year without you--maybe we can skype while I'm making it and you can direct me?? I miss you and love you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm seeing an awesome sushi restaurant, overlooking the water in Sydney... let's make it happen!!! :)

    ReplyDelete