Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I'm in love

Well, I think we all knew this was going to happen. I thought it would take longer than this, but who am I to question fate? I think it may have been love at first sight. I am absolutely, completely, 100%, head over heels in love. It feels like the very first time. Yes, I am in love. I love, love, love Rio Dulce, Guatemala!
I know, I know, not what you expected to hear! We arrived here yesterday and that's all it took. It's a city that is set along the river and you get around by boat. Our hotel is completely secluded, you can't get to anything without hopping in a boat. The weather here is perfect and in front of our hotel are parked about 15 boats, each worth about a million dollars. I am sleeping in a tree house with 3 other girls and our room is completely open to the outside.
This morning we went to Aguas Caliente - it is a nice cold river with a waterfall coming from the hot springs above. You sit in the cold water and steaming hot water is showering down on your head - it was incredible. This afternoon I took a boat ride to a city called Livingston. The ride took about 1 1/2 hours, and on both sides of the river (it was about 1/2 mile across) was jungle. There were completely straight cliffs and somehow trees and vines and palm trees had found a way to grow. Today has been the first perfect day I've had so far on this vacation. I look around me and I could completely see myself retiring here.
Yes, I am absolutely in love!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds so beautiful! I am so glad that you are blogging all of this. I can live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete